Film Screening News
Due to the COVID19 pandemic, all live screenings have been postponed until further notice. Watch part one of the film series On-Demand.
Past "Work-in-Progress" Screenings
- Friday, September 22, 2017 - The Center for Documentary Studies and the Southern Documentary Fund are pleased to present a free screening of Leslie Cunningham's JIG SHOW | Leon Claxton’s Harlem in Havana. Friday, September 22nd @ 7 pm. Full Frame Theater. American Tobacco Campus. Blackwell St. Durham, North Carolina 27701.
- Saturday, July 29, 2017- Capitol Dance & Cinema Festival's feature film series continues Saturday, July 29 @ Dance Exchange with a work-in-progress screening of the coming documentary film JIG SHOW | Leon Claxton's Harlem in Havana. 7:00pm. The event is hosted by Jen Ray of Dancinema. Brown Skin Showgirls Books Available for Purchase! Free Admission! Dance Exchange, 7117 Maple Avenue, Takoma Park, Maryland.
- August 25-28 2016 - A special work-in-progress screening will be held at the Cascadia Dance and Cinema Festival in Vancouver, BC, August 26, 2017. Visit Cascadia Dance Festival to learn more.
- November 2 and 13th, 2015 - JIG SHOW | Leon Claxton's Harlem in Havana has recently been accepted into the Cucalorus Film Festival work in Progress Program. The Works-in-Progress program is a partnership between Alternate ROOTS, Working Films, the Southern Documentary Fund and is funded in part by the North Carolina Arts Council and Alternate ROOTS. Visit Cucalorus Film Festival to learn more.
- Community Feedback Screenings (November 2-8, 2015)
- Cucalorus Work in Progress Screening: Friday, November 13, 2015, 10:45 AM, Jengo's Playhouse